Sunday, August 25, 2013

Property Tax Bill

I just received my property tax bill, and I presume the rest of you did as well. A couple things of note if you didn't go thru it in detail. Of your total bill, the City of Roland takes 32.7% of it. The school takes 42%, the county 17.9, and the rest goes to a smattering of agencies.

I suppose it depends on your valuation, and any changes there, but my taxes went down (my valuation remained the same). That was primarily due to a decrease in the school's collection. That was nice to see. I know the school board has been working hard on funding and such. As a reminder, the school still does however collect a 10% income tax surcharge.

The City of Roland's collections went up 4.2%. We held our general levy rate the same, however our bond payment on street construction went up, and that is the difference. I haven't looked at everyone's new rates across the county, but last year Roland had the 5th lowest tax rate of the 14 communities in Story County. I would expect we will stay around there for the next fiscal year.

No comments:

Post a Comment