Thursday, May 13, 2010

Check out the pool

With other activity around town regarding sewer and library and streets, and my focus on those things, it was kinda easy to forget about the pool. But the pool board has done a good job on arranging the repair of the roofs on the pool house and the pump house.

They are a nice blue metal (steel?) roof that should serve us for many years. The color looks good (IMO) for a pool. At budget time, we were able to scrape up some dollars to make that happen now. I think it cost around $5000, without taking the time to go look it up.

So anyway, that is a nice improvement for our pool. Also check out the new basketball court in the pool park. Other improvements are on tap for the playground equipment in that park as well. Our pool board is really doing a great job, and I know they put in a lot of volunteer time to make all those good things happen.

We had some leak issues again with the pool, but a late report today indicates the issue was found, so we should be good to go for the pool here in a couple weeks. When we have a week of highs in the 50s, I haven't thought of swimming yet, but that day is coming. Unless of course the spewing volcano in Iceland blocks out the sun for the next year.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for letting us know this one. I'm busy on my work and also on my family and I don't have a time to check my garden specially my swimming pool at my backyard. When I found your blog I knew that I need to check it and clean it so I will say this to mu husband. Thanks for the information.


    swimming pool repair

    ReplyDelete