Sunday, November 3, 2013

Vote for someone else

As you may know, we have an election coming up next Tuesday. We have 3 people running for 3 council spots, so we've got that covered. However, we also have a mayor spot, and no one filed for it. (Obviously including me.)

If you read the Story City Herald last week, the article on the election said I would do it if written in. That is incorrect. That is what I said the two previous times I was elected via write-in. I'm ready to hang it up for the time being. I might run again in the future, but for now, I'm ready to do something else.

Since no one is on the ballot, here is what will happen. The person with the most write in votes will be offered the job. If s/he turns it down, it will be offered to the person with the 2nd most write in votes. If s/he turns it down, the city council will be tasked with appointing someone to fill the position.

So don't vote for me, fill someone's name in that you think would do a good job.

No comments:

Post a Comment