Thursday, November 21, 2013

Grant #3

Grant #3 this month is a nice one as well. I went to Reiman Gardens in Ames to pick up a $6000 check from the Story County Community Foundation. The money is to be used towards construction of the new concession building at Britson Park.

The SCCF funds various projects around the county. Most are what I would call human services type grants. I think 3 different libraries got money as well. Ours of course will help out kids all around the county, and of course I'm biased, but I think was a worthy choice. I sat at a table with grant recipients from Story City. The group working on restoring the outside of the building housing the carousel got $3000, so that was nice too.

It is nice to see our local projects being recognized by a foundation like SCCF. As for Britson Park, we still have more money to raise to get the building built, which should start next spring. We are going to have a chili cookoff in January, and another 5K run in March.

Here is an article from the Ames Trib about the grants that the Story County Community Foundation awarded.

No comments:

Post a Comment