Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Slow it down Danica!

As noted in my previous post, we've had some complaints about speeding on Industrial Drive. I know it is Roland's best drag strip. I drive on it. Wide open country, no cross streets (for most of it), and nothing but corn. However, on the north side, it does meet up with Progressive Drive, where Roland's largest employer resides, and other businesses that drive trucks and pull trailers.

We've gotten complaints about speed on that street--for traffic moving both North and South. Council Member Hill brought up putting a stop sign on Industrial to try to slow people down. I'm not in favor of that, but I'm not in favor of accidents either. The council has asked the Sheriff's Dept to patrol that area more. So be warned. You don't want a ticket, and depending on where you live, you probably don't want a stop sign there either. So just slow it down, Danica.

No comments:

Post a Comment