Sunday, August 19, 2012

Why is Roland so...

I saw an article on the net somewhere about Google autofill regarding states. If you go to Google and type in "Why is Iowa so" and Google will autofill some potential completion of the phrase for you.

When you type "Why is Iowa so", the first things that pop up are humid, liberal, progressive, windy. I guess people like to talk about the weather and politics.

Minnesota is about the same liberal, windy, humid, awesome. Nebraska is boring, humid, low of unemployment.

I tried the same thing for Roland, and there was no autofill. So I just typed in Roland, Iowa to see what auto-filled. And the answer is...

Pool, Real Estate, Cemetery. So there ya go, that is what people are looking for in regards to Roland.

Story City was outlet mall, swimming pool, carousel. Nevada was schools, pool, Journal.

I will try to change Google for Roland, Iowa. Why is Roland, Iowa the home of such an awesome mayor? I'm guessing there won't be a lot of search hits for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment