Sunday, August 19, 2012

Aug 15 Council Meeting

We had a quick council meeting on Wednesday. All council members were there except Chad Proctor. The meeting took maybe 15 minutes. I can't find my notes of the meeting, really the only think I needed a note for was the bid came in for asphalting the north block or so of Logan Street. It was around $38,000.

We approved the closure of Main Street for this coming Saturday for a street dance at the Legion. It is for a fundraiser for some cancer thing. Not an individual, I don't think. We will have upwards of 300 motorcyclists in town on Saturday, concluding at the Legion for the event. They will be riding from Rhodes to Roland.

There was a brief discussion about the trunk line sewer project. Due to issues of not being able to do or hire what we say we are going to do as a city, (well, I presume that, because only one council member spoke to the topic), it was moved, and carried to suspend work on the trunk line sewer for now. I gather a revisiting of our processes will be done in the future, and if we can get our poop in a group, the project may again be brought up.

I think that is a good move, that we suspend our efforts for a while, because for various reasons, things did not proceed smoothly. If finger pointing were engaged, it may be like a circular firing squad. I still think it is a good idea for Roland as a whole. I hope it doesn't rain a lot, as the homes along Samson may get sewage in their basements again.

No comments:

Post a Comment