Sunday, June 3, 2012

June 5 Election

In case you hadn't heard, there is an election on Tuesday. Pretty low key, because it is a primary, and there is only 1 contested race in our precinct. I believe the polls are open from 7AM to 9PM. I'm guessing it is going to be a long day for our election workers.

As it is a primary, you can only vote if you are registered Republican or Democrat. For the Republicans, in Roland/Howard Township, there are no contested races. For the Democrats, there is a contested race, and that is for the Iowa House seat for our new district, District 49. Garland Bridges of Eldora and Kevin Ericson of Maxwell are duking it out for the opportunity to take on our current representative, Dave Deyoe, in the fall election. I do know Mr. Bridges has been in town, as he dropped off some literature at my house.

I was on the Story County Auditor's website, and found some interesting info. There are 1335 registered voters in Roland/Howard Township. 315 are Democrats, 483 are Republicans, 536 are No Party, and 1 is other. (The other is not me by the way. Despite my interest in the Libertarians, I am registered Republican so I could go vote in the caucus this past January.) Our numbers mirror other northern Story County precincts, as registrations tilt Republican and No Party. No Party is the biggest registration leader in Story County, and with Ds holding more registrations than Rs due to registration totals in the more populated Ames precincts. HERE are the county totals if you are interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment