Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Ok, if you want me, I'll do it


If you have been a reader of my blog, you know that I chose not to run for re-election. And you also know that no one filed for the spot, so it will be filled by write-in.

I have been asking around if there is any interest in the position, and no one has stepped up to do so, as far as I know.

Council member Larry Ford holds the same thought as me for his position. He did not file, and we have an open spot to be filled by write-in.

Lacking any knowledge of other candidates, we have both decided if we are both elected via write-in, we will both accept our respective positions, if the council meetings are moved to Wednesday nights. I appreciate Larry's efforts on the council, and I would say we see eye to eye on most subjects. And not that I have any issue with any of the current councilmembers, I would say I have worked more closely with Larry than any other council member in my time as mayor.

So if you or someone you know is interested in running for Mayor, or the 3rd council spot, let us know. But lacking that, if you want to see me back as Mayor, AND Larry Ford back on city council, vote for us both as write-ins. We are a tag team, neither of us will go without the other.

And if you think we suck, well, that's ok too. We both like Roland, and will just put our efforts into other things in the community. But if elected, I will continue to give my best effort, in my available personal time, to do the best I can for Roland.

So there ya go, the election is next Tuesday from 7AM to 8PM.

1 comment:

  1. You are both great for the community. Thanks for your service.

    ReplyDelete