Monday, August 29, 2011

Losing our City Clerk

Got an email from our City Clerk Deneen Frost this past week. Deneen has been out on sick leave/disability since January. She has been fighting cancer for 20 some years I think, and most recently really fighting it, with trips to the Mayo Clinic and taking up residency at Mary Greeley Hospital more than Roland.

But in the fight, Deneen keeps winning. But I know it has taken a lot out of her, and she has decided to resign. Too bad for her obviously, but bad for the city as well. Deneen has been working in City Hall since 1995 I believe. She has done a great job keeping our books, and doing the administrative things that keep a city rolling.

We have had a temporary City Clerk, Jodi Meredith, since about April, and she will be with the city through the end of the year. We had set that up, figuring Deneen would need some time before being able to come back at full time.

Haven't talked with the council about the process yet, but I'm sure we will go forth to hire a new city clerk. I'll post it here when we decide to go about filling the job.

Here is the text of Deneen's resignation letter.





August 26, 2011

Honorable Mayor Roger Fritz and Council members Duane Canny, Larry Ford, Corey Johnson, Jeri Neely & Doug Sargent
City of Roland
202 E Ash St., PO Box 288
Roland, IA 50236

Dear Honorable Mayor Roger Fritz and Council members Duane Canny, Larry Ford, Corey Johnson, Jeri Neely & Doug Sargent:

It is with a heavy heart and deep regret that I resign my position as the City Clerk of Roland effective September 30, 2011, due to health issues. I will attempt to be available to work a limited number of hours during the month of September. If this should create problems, please let me know, for I wish a smooth and successful transition to occur.

I will be available to assist Janet and the new City Clerk if they should need my assistance in the future.

I wish all of you good luck and continued success.

Sincerely,
Deneen Frost, MMC
City Clerk

No comments:

Post a Comment