Saturday, August 6, 2011

Ames Straw Poll

Who is going to the Ames Straw Poll next Saturday? I like political stuff, and so I am excited to see an event like this with national implications a mere 20 minutes from downtown Roland.

As you probably know, the Roland mayor and council positions are non-partisan. But that doesn't mean we can't have political opinions. And living in Iowa, we have the opportunity to participate in some unique political opportunities.

I'd be interested if anybody from Roland is going, if so, chime in below. I'm going, and will be voting for Ron Paul. I don't agree with everything of his, but I think his economic policy ideas are right on the mark. There are a couple other candidates that I find acceptable as well, but I think Ron Paul is the best of the bunch.

I gave the "speech" for Ron Paul at the 2008 Iowa Caucuses in the Roland/Howard Township precinct. We finished in a 2nd place tie with Romney locally, with Huckabee winning our precinct.

So who else is going to Ames next Saturday?

No comments:

Post a Comment