Sunday, March 20, 2011

Roland Goal Setting Meeting

Back in January, myself, the city council, and the 3 department heads had a goal setting meeting, that was arranged by Jeff Schott from the Institute of Public Affairs at the University of Iowa.

The same groups also had one in 2008. I wasn't mayor then, but speaking for the one I attended this year, it was a very productive meeting, and good to look back at what had been accomplished since the prior meeting, and for us to set some priorities for the next couple years.

This report had been in Deneen's email, but kinda got missed due to her health issues. I went looking for it, and found it, and I wanted to share it with the community.

First off, I am very impressed with what got accomplished over those 2 years. Considering our spartan city staff, and the limited dollars to accomplish "stuff", I think it is a very nice list. And also, all of those things were not done by the council or city staff. A lot of it was done with community volunteers.

Obviously we have a big wish list as well. You will find that in the report, as well as what the Mayor/Council determined to be priorities. Also in the report you will find the highlights of the 2008 meeting, and the actual questionnaire filled out by the participants.

So HERE it is. Give it a look and feel free to post any comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment