Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Flooding update

Not sure how many will find this real time, but here is the morning update on flooding. The sewer plant is keeping up with the inflow extra load, with our secondary pump needing to be turned on to assist.

Only one report so far of a sewer backup, which that may be due to a localized issue. Have a report of 6 inches of water in a basement on North Cottonwood.

The biggest area of concern is water coming off the fields from the SE, flowing thru yards, over by the school, down Main Street to Caseys. There was water over the road on that route.

Bryan Ave is closed due to high water. Britson Circle has water up to car axles in the middle of the block. There are other low spots with water over the streets too.

Bear Creek is up but not in a major flood state as of 7:30. Though that may change as water flows downstream to us.

2 comments:

  1. Being new to town I'm curious, does this happen often?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've lived here 13 years and have seen Bear Creek higher a couple times before. I've seen water by Casey's like that before tho.

    But kinda strange, some places I've never seen it this high, like along Bryan. My back yard is the highest its ever been, and more flooded basements in town then ever before, from what I am aware of.

    I think the water table is so high, it is really affecting basements. I think the higher creek I have seen is due to bigger rains.

    So in short, it depends where you are.

    ReplyDelete