Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Here's your chance

As noted a few months ago after the election, I am going to be stepping down as Mayor around the end of March. So I didn't run, nobody else did, and I decided to hang around for a little bit. But the time is drawing nigh. I've talked to some people about their interest in being mayor, and heard rumors of others.

So here is your chance. I don't have a vote, I'll be gone. But if you want to be mayor, show up at the next meeting. Show some interest in the position. Watch how a meeting rolls. Know what the issues are.

Nobody was there tonite. So March 19 is likely to be my last city council meeting. Somebody could be appointed at the April 2 meeting. Show the council, who will be appointing the next mayor, that you have some interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment