Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Roland Cemetery Website

I just found out that the Roland Cemetery has a website. Kind of a nice thing to have if you are searching for a loved one (or maybe somebody you didn't love!). There is an interactive map, where you can type in a name, and it will show you where the grave is. Also a section on buying a lot and prices and such, if that seems like a place you want your bones to spend eternity.

Kudos to whoever put that together. If you are into genealogy, I'm sure this is a pretty nice resource.

HERE is the link.

By the way, I had to do some looking on who was buried there. 77 Larsons buried in the cemetery. 120 Johnsons. 87 Olsons. Something like 44 guys named Ole and 15 women named Lena.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, and no Fritzes are buried in the Roland Cemetery. I'm not sure if Germans are allowed in there with all those Norwegians. You can just throw my carcass in the north ditch.

    ReplyDelete