Thursday, December 15, 2011

December 12 Council Meeting

I made the first 45 minutes of the meeting before departing for my kids' concert. So I missed the last item and a half. I also missed the post meeting Christmas party for council/employees/board members.

From when I was there...We had a presentation by Mid Iowa Inspection and Consulting. Some towns in Iowa have adapted the state building code, and also use this company to inspect rental housing in the city. All rental housing would have to be to code to receive city services, namely water. The council took no action on the topic.

We also heard a report from the President of the Library Board, Steve Olson, regarding budgeting at the library. The topics were mostly regarding if the council would fund pay raises, and also the possibility of health care insurance being funded. I left towards the end of the discussion. I believe Council Member Ford and I will be meeting with Steve regarding that topic to come up with something to present to council.

After I left, there was a discussion about repairs needed for the old library building if it is to be turned into City Hall. Also the 3 newly elected/re-elected council members were sworn in. (usually they are swore at!--ha ha!). Since I left early, I didn't get sworn in yet, but I suppose I should do that.

As a reminder, future council meetings are moving to the 1st and 3rd Wednesdays at 6PM. As per usual, we will not be having a 2nd council meeting in December.

No comments:

Post a Comment