Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Water trivia

Just got done reading the DNR report on our water system. Mostly a lot of blah, blah blah, but something interesting, at least to me. From January 2009 to August 2011 Roland averaged XXXXX gallons of water usage a day. Wanna guess?

93,000 gallons per day average. That was a relatively wet time period, so I'm guessing we are down a little bit. Previously we had been over 100,000. I think I dumped 2,000 gallons a day on my lawn in August of this year when our drought started.

BTW, that is about 72 gallons of water a day per person. I looked on the net, and mostly saw numbers for US residents from 80-100 gallons per day. A couple theories by me--we are dirty people that don't flush. Or, more likely, we are a big commuter town, and Roland really empties out during the day, so we are flushing other towns' water supplies for a good portion of our waking hours.

We still have plenty of water, so drink up!

No comments:

Post a Comment