Thursday, September 15, 2011

Mayor Plans


Since all the politicians do it, I figured I would too. I just announced on Facebook and Twitter, and here as well, that I will not be seeking re-election as Mayor.

I mostly enjoy being Mayor, but it comes down to a time issue. I am working 10-15 hours more a week in my real job, than I was when elected. I also see that continuing at least another 6 months to a year. To that, I feel my attention to mayor stuff has slipped a little, as when I "lose" 10 hours, something has to fall off the plate; sleep, family time, internet time--I often chose mayor time.

The next issue is my son is currently a freshman. I expect him to be playing various JV sports over the next couple years, and those events are typically on Monday nights, when our council meetings are. I would much prefer going to his games than a council meeting.

There is still one more week of filing for mayor or city council. If you are interested, there is a link on the city website to getting the paperwork you need to run. You only need 10 signatures!

No comments:

Post a Comment