Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Tour of Innovative Lighting

After the council meeting Monday, I was invited to go on a tour of the Innovative Lighting plant on the west side of town. A group of REC folks were in Des Moines for some conference, and they took a field trip to Roland to see the plant, with some eating at our community center just prior.

I had not been in the plant for a couple years. Very impressive, and interesting what they are doing with making industrial lighting. Very bright, and very energy efficient. LED technology continues to improve, and we have something on the leading edge right here in Roland.

They split the group up into 7 different groups of about 8 people. One of the gentlemen in the group was from Georgia, and was on his first trip to Iowa. He was very complimentary of our state and our town. That is always nice to hear. Of course it was sunny and 75. I told him it was like that all the time here. I don't think he believed me.

No comments:

Post a Comment