Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Election

Usually I write about stuff that directly affects Roland. This post is about stuff that indirectly affects Roland. I wanted to talk about a couple candidates for the upcoming election.

There are two in particular that have frosted my fanny. The current Secretary of State and State Treasurer have been running ads touting something that their office does. They are using tax dollars to tout how to vote, and about the state college savings plan. Minorly annoying, but, whatever.

However, I have never seen these TV ads any other time of year. And of course, they have to put their mugs on the ad, and their names. It is a sly attempt to use taxpayer dollars to increase their name recognition. It is flat out wrong, and it is unethical.

I cannot fathom taking out ads in the Story City Herald, using city money, to tout the availability of our community center in October only of an election year. "Hi I'm Mayor Roger Fritz. Did you know you could rent the community center for private events?" Ridiculous.

I'm not going to give the current unethical elected officials another opportunity for their name to be seen. So I'm not going to even type their name here.

But I will say, if you think the actions of those elected officials is wrong, you could vote to replace them with the following individuals: vote for Matt Schultz for Secretary of State, and Dave Jamison for Iowa Treasurer.

Heck I'm gonna even put up a virtual sign for the challengers. Good luck to Schultz and Jamison.

No comments:

Post a Comment